Happy Thursday, friends! Today’s senior spotlight goes to the stunning Miss Selah from University High School in Bloomington-Normal. I have an absolute blast capturing seniors and Selah’s session was no exception. Her bubbly personality and contagious smile were the first things I noticed about her. It really is a treat to capture someone so full of life. I hope you enjoy Selah’s photos and learning a little bit more about what makes her so special.
1. Where do you go to High School?
I attend Univeristy High School.
2. What are your plans after your senior year?
I plan to study Speech Pathology, but I haven’t chosen a school yet.
3. Any secret talents you want to tell us about?
At my school, I am known as the “drill down queen”. A drill down is a competition between me and the rest of the band. You stand at attention until you are given instructions by the band director. You must follow their exact commands. Sometimes you are given one right after another. If you fail to follow the commands, you are out. The longer you are in, the harder the commands get and the faster the tempo. Basically it’s a very intense marching band Simon Says. I have been winning drill downs since my Freshmen year.
4. What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday night?
My perfect Saturday night would be hammocking with a group of friends and then going to Culvers after.
5. What are you looking forward to most about graduating high school?
I am looking forward to making new friendships in college, having more independence, and hopefully moving to a new city.
6. What was your favorite part about shooting you senior photos with Elsie Jo Photography?
My favorite part about shooting with Elsie was she made me feel comfortable and confident during my session.
7. What was your favorite outfit for the shoot and why?
Definitely the black and white checkered tank top from the Spotted Owl, ripped jeans, and black sandals. It was the most “me” outfit and it made me feel good about myself.
8. If you woke up tomorrow with a million dollars, what is the first thing you would buy?
I know I should say the first thing I would do is donate to charity, but honestly, the first thing I would do is go on a shopping spree beyond my typical Target and Old Navy wardrobe.
9. What is your dream job?
I want to primarily work with children doing in-home speech therapy.
10. If you could trade lives with any one person for a day who would it be and why?
I can’t pick one, but I would want to be either Mrs. Hany or Mrs. Maney, two of my favorite teachers from Uhigh. I would go be Mrs. Hany because she is so kind and so loving to people in general. I would want to be Mrs. Maney for her kookiness and joy.